Strut Mount, Track Density, MkV & MkVI Volkswagen, 8J & 8P Audi
We're proud to announce the availability of the Density Line Strut Mount for MkV & MkVI Chassis Volkswagen and 8P & 8J Chassis Audi models!
034Motorsport's Density Line Mounts are the new standard in comfort and performance. Our mounts are redesigned with performance in mind, and manufactured from high-durometer rubber for increased performance and durability, without sacrificing comfort. Density Line Mounts are void-free and fluid-free, eliminating the slop associated with the factory mounts.
The Track Density Strut Mount is manufactured from 75 durometer rubber, which is approximately 50% stiffer than stock. The rubber is also fully vulcanized to the center cups to increase the lifespan and performance of the mounts significantly.
The steel strut mount bodies have also been redesigned to cope with the added stresses of spirited driving.
The result is a significant reduction in deflection of the strut mount. These mounts will also eliminate the annoying "squeaking" sound often caused by the stock strut mounts when paired with coilover suspensions. Track Density Strut Mounts will only cause a minimal increase in noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) inside of the cabin. These mounts are a completely re-engineered performance solution, not just inserts for use with the factory mounts.
- Manufactured from 75 Durometer Rubber
- Rubber Fully Vulcanized to Center Cups
- Eliminated "Squeaking" Sound Caused by Factory Strut Mounts
- Reduced Strut Mount Deflection
- Maintain Proper Suspension Geometry Under Load
- Improved Steering Feel & Handling
- Complete Drop-In Replacement of Factory Strut Mounts
- Priced Individually - Two Required Per Vehicle
- 2006 - 2013 Audi A3 (8P)
- 2006 - 2013 Audi TT / TTS / TT RS (8J)
- 2005 - 2009 Volkswagen Eos / GLI / GTI / Jetta / R32 (MkV)
- 2010 - 2014 Volkswagen Eos / Jetta / GLI / Golf / GTI / R (MkVI)
- 2006 - 2019 Volkswagen Passat / CC (B6/B7)
- 2008 - 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan
- 2012 - 2013 Volkswagen Rabbit (MkVI)
- 2012 - 2016 Volkswagen Beetle (MkVI)
- 8J0 412 331 8J0412331
- 1K0 412 331B 1K0412331B
- 1K0 412 331C 1K0412331C
- 1 Year Limited Replacement Warranty (If you encounter any issues with our products outside of the warranty period, we will work with you to provide a resolution.)
High-Durometer Rubber vs. Polyurethane:
Density Line Mounts are manufactured from high-durometer rubber instead of polyurethane for a number of reasons. While vulcanized rubber mounts are more expensive to prototype due to increased complexity of manufacturing and high initial tooling costs, rubber is inherently better than polyurethane as a damping medium for mounts and bushings.
Rubber is able to deal with stress under both tension and compression, while polyurethane mounts rely on the damping medium to be effective only under compression. Rubber is also excellent in shear, where polyurethane is ineffective, making it ideal for suspension bushings that apply a shear force to the bushing during articulation.
Rubber does not pack and wear like polyurethane does, which ultimately results in a long-lasting part with consistent performance and comfort.
While the redesigned Volkswagen/Audi strut mount for the MkV/MkVI and 8J/8P chassis was a great improvement over the previous generations of strut mounts, they leave much to be desired when paired with perormance dampers or coilover suspensions.
Many owners experience a "squeaking" sound coming from the front strut mounts after installing performance dampers or coilover suspensions. The noise becomes noticeable when pulling out of driveways, going over sped bumps, or traveling at low speed over uneven surfaces.
This "squeaking" is caused by the low durometer rubber used in the factory strut mounts, which causes the steel center cup to move inside of the rubber mount. Our Track Density Strut Mount Pair was designed to eliminate this annoying issue, and improve the performance of the vehicle's suspension.
Please Note: One vehicle requires 2 mounts. New Strut Mount Bearings are available as well to offer a complete refresh of the upper strut mount.