High Flow Cat Down Pipe Mercedes CLA250 A250 GLA250 Agency Power
The Mercedes 2.0L Turbo found in the CLA 250, A 250, and GLA 250 is an excellent platform for modifying. Like most turbocharged vehicles, it can benefit greatly from a free flowing exhaust system. One of the most restrictive parts of any exhaust system on a turbocharged vehicle is the down pipe. The down pipe is what connects to the turbo exhaust housing and mates up with the catback section of the exhaust.
To improve the Mercedes CLA, A, GLA 250 performance, Agency Power has developed a high flow cat down pipe for the Mercedes 2.0L turbocharged engine. Designed as an OEM replacement part, it can be used with any OEM or OEM style fitting aftermarket catback exhaust. The down pipe features a flex joint and full 3 inch piping to work best with the front wheel drive vehicle. As tested on a CLA250 using our Mustang Dyno and 91 octane fuel, horsepower gain was noticed from 3000 rpm all the way to 6000 rpm. Peak performance was realized around 4100 rpm with just over 10 horsepower. Torque was also improved through the entire rpm range with peak gains at around 3500 rpm gaining about 12 ft/ lbs of torque. The upgraded high flow cat down pipe greatly increased low end torque and mid to top end horsepower. The turbo spooled quickly improving throttle response and the vehicle gained a slightly more aggressive sound under acceleration.
About the Catalytic Converter:
GESI High Output (HO-series) and Ultra High output (UHO-series) Universal Metal Core Catalytic Converters have been designed to provide a reliable solution to the most common converter problems experienced by our customers.?
- EPA certified for use on OBD2 vehicles (1996 and newer). 49 States only!?
- Full Stainless Steel construction, including the substrate which is furnace braised to the mantle for outstanding durability?
- Unique end-cap design locks substrate in so it can't rattle around?
- The GESI proprietary precious metal loading technology ensures greatly reduced emissions, eliminating most Check Engine Light issues?
- Capable of withstanding up to 1500 deg F?
- Ideal for forced induction applications, with no loss of HP?
- Covered by a 5 year/50,000 mile warranty (on shell and tube ends only)
down pipe Features:
- 3 inch inlet from turbo
- 3 inch mid pipe
- EPA approved high flow 200 cell catalytic converter
- 100 percent Stainless Steel
- TIG Welded
- Constructed of low carbon 304 Stainless Steel
- Increase Exhaust Flow
- Designed to work with OEM and aftermarket exhaust systems.
- Improves exhaust note, More Aggressive Tone Over Stock
- No Check Engine Light
- Agency Power Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Mercedes Benz CLA250, A250, GLA250 2014-2017
This product is for Racing Competition only and is not legal for use in highway or street vehicles or other non-racing competition off-road vehicles. Purchasing this product requires you to sign our Vehicle Compliance Waiver